Our award nominated Tour Guides are tour professionals, with an intimate knowledge of Moreton Island’s unique attractions. We have become famous in Queensland for our love for fun, and that’s why Sunset Safaris is the “People’s Choice” tour company. Our mission is to make your visit to Moreton Island more than just a beautiful place to go, but an “Experience to Remember.”
Australian Sunset Safaris are the FIRST to pioneer “Transparent Kayaks” in Queensland and around the Tangalooma Shipwrecks. See fish and coral like never before without having to go under the water. Our “NIGHT TIME TRANSPARENT KAYAKING” on our 2-Day Tour is SIMPLY STUNNING. See the underwater world like never before as we navigate the eerie sunken shipwrecks at night with brilliant underwater lights (ONLY AVAILABLE on the 2-Day Tour). Experience our optional ECO-Glamping Tents as you enjoy all the comforts of home while camping in the great outdoors. Our budget backpacker accommodation is available for those on a budget, while our glowing camp fire is available for all to enjoy and roast a marshmallow at night.NUMBER 1 FOR VALUE!
Sunset Safaris offers 1 & 2-Day tours to Moreton Island. Our 2-Day tours offer a range of accommodation options to suit your budget and lifestyle, Including Budget Backpackers, comfortable Twin Share Beach House Units, or Luxury Glamping. We are proud to offer the BEST VALUE Moreton Island tours available, as we travel the island in comfort with our unique 4WD air-conditioned buses. We offer all the luxuries normally associated with more expensive ECO Tours, but at a price as competitive as the cheapest in the market.
MORETON ISLAND 2-DAY GET WRECKED EXPLORER TOUR
- Transparent Kayaking
- Media Gallery
- Other Activities
- Important Info
The following itinerary may not follow in the same order as below due to tide times, weather conditions or other factors.
Your Tour INCLUDES:
• Pick-up and return service for Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast
• Enjoy a beautiful cruise across the magnificent Moreton Bay on the MiCat Ferry. Enjoy air-conditioned comfort with cafe and bar facilities
• Relax on the beach at the Tangalooma Wrecks and have fun in the sun
•*Enjoy a fully guided snorkeling tour of the Tangalooma Ship Wrecks -all snorkeling gear supplied by Sunset Safaris (wind, weather & tidal conditions apply)
• Safety vests available for non-swimmers to guarantee safety
• See turtles, dolphins, coral and thousands of beautiful reef fish
• *Discover the hidden underwater wonders of the Tangalooma Wrecks with our fully guided Transparent Kayaks (weather & wind conditions apply)
• Experience the awesome fish FRENZY in the Transparent Kayaks
• *Feel the exhilaration of sand tobogganing at speeds of up to 70km/h
• Comfortable air-conditioned 4WD vehicles - go in style
• Swim the crystal clear beaches of Tangalooma Beach
• Great fun-loving tour guides
• Suitable for people of all fitness levels
• In cases of dangerous or poor weather conditions and rain, a scenic tour of the island may be conducted in place of affected activities
• 4WD along the magnificent Eastern Surf Beach
• Swim in the naturally bubbling Champagne Pools (conditions permitting)
• Stop and visit the beautifully romantic “Honeymoon Bay” and “North Point”
• 4WD in our awesome 4WD buses to the stunning “Cape Moreton” seeing -
- Cape Moreton Lighthouse and Museum
- Turtles, Dolphins, Sharks, Manta Rays and Whales during Whale Season
- Spectacular views of Moreton Island and the Eastern Beach
• Swim in the breathtakingly beautiful “Blue Lagoon” fresh water lake
• Experience the 4WD adventure as we explore bush land and beaches in our comfortable air-conditioned 4WD buses
• Enjoy one of the worlds most beautiful beach sunsets over Moreton Bay
• Stay overnight in the rustic “Castaways Beach Resort,” with optional accommodation choices including ECO GLAMPING (See accommodation Tab for Glamping details)
- BUDGET BACKPACKER accommodation as standard price
- BEACH HOUSE UNIT upgrades available (see accommodation tab for pricing)
- ECO GLAMPING upgrades available (see accommodation tab for pricing)
• MEALS INCLUDED - 1 x Continental Breakfast, 2 x Lunches and 1 x Dinner
Night Time Activities: (all night activities are weather, wind and tide dependant)
- Night Time Transparent Kayaking on the Tangalooma Wrecks(optional). Described as the World’s Best Kayaking experience. See colourful fish and coral as our kayaks light up at night with brilliant underwater lights. For many, this is a life changing experience and is guaranteed to please. – Normally $89 – Sunset Safaris Guests ONLY $45 (cash only).
- Camp Fire. Sit around a warm camp fire roasting marshmallows and enjoy a few drinks with new friends and Mother Nature (conditions apply)
* Subject to Tidal and Weather Conditions
Discount: Student /Backpacker Cards= $10 Off Adult
Pick-up also available at MiCat Ferry:14 Howard Smith Drive, Port of Brisbane (must book)
$20 surcharge applies to all tours operating during Christmas/New year & Easter Periods
A fuel levy may be applied if fuel rise above $1.80 per litre
Note: Small overnight bag restrictions apply(40cm wide x 30cm deep x 60cm high)
AFTER TOUR TRANSFER: Pickup and Drop off in different regions attract addition fees (POA)
POB(Pay On Board)National Park & Ferry(POB) to be paid in cash to driver upon departure.
per Person: Adult=$70 Child 13 years & under=$55
Enjoy one of the most unique experiences in the world as we guide you over the Tangalooma Shipwrecks in our fully transparent Kayaks. These amazing Kayaks allow us to see straight through the bottom of the boat to see fish, turtles, coral and even dolphins as we guide you safely through a maze of sunken shipwrecks. Experience the awesome spectacle of thousands of fish swarming around your transparent Kayak as we “Feed the Fish” during our kayak adventure. See the incredible coral garden and even find “Nemo.”
Night Kayak (optional Extra)
What has been described as the “WORLDS BEST Kayaking experience,” AND“one of the world’s greatest marine experiences,” YOU can enjoy our unique NIGHT TIME KAYAKING over the Tangalooma Shipwrecks. Nowhere in the world can you experience this utterly unique combination of brilliantly coloured coral and fish, sunken shipwrecks, turtles and a myriad of other marine species while gently paddling in our fully transparent Kayaks fitted with brilliant LED lights shining into the water. It is like someone switches on a Television Screen right under your feet to show you life underwater at night. This is the ULTIMATE adventure experience and is guaranteed to surprise all who take part. This is a fully guided tour of the Tangalooma Shipwrecks at night, showing you all the BEST hidden locations to ensure you see loads of Coral, Fish, Wobbegongs, Turtles, Rays and Ghostly Shipwrecks. Guaranteed experience of a lifetime.
Normally $89 per person – Sunset Safaris Guests only $45
Backpacker Accommodation – Standard
Included in the base price is standard Backpacker accommodation at the rustic Castaways Resort. Enjoy a clean bunk bed, hot shower and basic kitchen facilities. This dorm room feature undercover outdoor areas to gather and enjoy a few drinks at night, and is conveniently located right next to the campfire meeting place.
Accommodation Upgrade Options -
BEACH HOUSE Units (Shared Facilities - Private Bedrooms)
Based in the Rustic Castaways Resort, these units feature your own private bedroom with shared bathroom, lounge, kitchen and balcony area. Perfect for those who wish to have their own private sleeping quarters at a budget price. Very clean and tidy and great value for money. Great for couples, singles or friends, with Twin beds or Double Queen Size beds available.
• Double & Twin Share rooms from only $55 extra per person
• Private Single Share rooms from only $110 extra per person
• 4 - 6 Share units available (price on application)
ECO GLAMPING Tent (Glamorous Camping)
The most unique accommodation option on Moreton Island. Enjoy the wonderful experience of bush camping without the uncomfortable experiences that camping can sometimes bring. Included in your Glamping Tent is your own private bathroom with toilet, hot shower and basin. Also included is double & twin share beds, and for some Glamping tents, 4 beds to suit a family. Also included is your own private balcony integrated into each and every tent. This is a truly amazing experience guaranteed to please.
Please note that our Glamping Tents are extremely popular and are booked out well in advance. Phone bookings are essential to book this accommodation, and may not be available to be booked over the internet within 3 months of departure.
• Double & Twin Share from only $85 extra per person
• Single Share from only $170 extra per person
• Quad Share from only $75 extra per person (ideal for small groups or family)
Experience the thrill of Sand Tobogganing up to 70 km/h as we visit the Desert. This fully supervised activity is guaranteed to give you the thrill ride of a lifetime as you slide down a huge naturally formed sand dune.
See Nemo up close as we take you on a fully guided snorkel of the Tangalooma Shipwrecks. See coral, fish, turtles and much more as we weave our way through the shipwrecks on our snorkelling discovery.
Scenic Island Tour
The adventure continues as we drive along the beach and through sandy 4WD only bush tracks. Visit Cape Moreton and the Moreton Island Lighthouse and Museum. See Dolphins, Turtles, Manta Rays, and Whales during Whale Season from the top of Cape Moreton. Enjoy the refreshing waters of Blue Lagoon freshwater lake, and enjoy the ever popular North Point & Champagne Pools. Experience the adventure of traversing rough 4WD terrain in our awesome 4WD buses in air-conditioned comfort.
Swimming and Beach Activities
Relax in the sun and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of Tangalooma Beach. Go for a swim in the crystal clear water, or enjoy a spot of beach volleyball. Kick back on a sun lounge with a drink in your hand and live the good life.
Sunset Safaris makes every effort to include ALL activities and destinations listed. However due to the extreme nature of Moreton Island, Moreton Bay, and weather unpredictability in general, some activities are subject to Tide, Time, Wind and Weather factors, and Sunset Safaris cannot be held liable due to these factors.
CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
All prices are subject to change without notice & at the discretion of Sunset Safaris. All Information stated in this publication is true & correct at the time of publication. Due to traffic & the extreme conditions experienced on Moreton Island to buses & the environment, Sunset Safaris reserves the right to alter or cancel any section of the itinerary which may result from road, traffic weather, mechanical, or any other condition or failure or delay of an operational nature without penalty, & such conditions will be considered as a Force Majeure Event. Sunset Safaris will take all reasonable steps to rectify the situation during any such event, however no liability will be accepted by Sunset Safaris in circumstances outside of Sunset Safaris control. No responsibility or liability will be taken in the event of injury from pre-existing medical conditions (eg: bad back), accident, injury, loss or damage to persons or property due to persons own negligence. These booking conditions do not waive Sunset Safaris from any of its obligations according to law. Minimum booking numbers & cancellation fees apply.
Your Tour payment is broken up into 2 components, your Sunset Safaris ticket price component, and your Moreton Island - LOCAL Fees component ($70). The Moreton Island - LOCAL Fees component of $70 must be paid in CASH to driver upon departure, while the boarding pass can be purchased HERE on this web site
|Notice Provided||Cancellation Fee Incurred|
|Less than 24 hrs||Incurs 100% cancellation fee|
|25 hrs - 72 hrs||Incurs 50% cancellation fee|
|73hrs - 7 days||Incurs 25% cancellation fee|
|More than 7 days||Incurs 5% cancellation fee (administrative fee)|
All activities are subjected to winds, tides, and weather conditions on the day. Therefore, there is no set time for the activities.
The boat trip is approximately 75 minutes from the Port of Brisbane to Moreton Island.
The Local Fees/Pay On Board Fees include the return boat ticket and the national park fee. The national park fee allows you to access the National park/World Heritage Listed Area.
We offer a range of booking options. You can make secured online booking 24/7 via our website, call us on +61 7 3287 1644, or speak to us via LiveChat. Please read our Terms & Conditions before making any bookings.
Yes, you can. You can meet us on the island to join either a full day package tour (including day kayaking, snorkeling & sand boarding AND get one picnic lunch), or join any of the activity individually. Please give us a call on +61 7 3287 1644 to book in advance.
A towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, thongs, waterproof camera, money to buy drinks or snacks from the licenced bar on the boat.
Yes, and for free.
We provide masks, gloves, snorkel and fins.
Yes, and for free. We have a wide range of life jackets and body board for floatation.
No. Please bring your own towels.
Yes. There is a cold shower for you to freshen up after your swim.
Unfortunately WIFI service is not available on the Island.
Since you are not camping, linens are provided in the standard multi-share dorm room, private single or twin room, and in the Glamp tents.
Please bring your own towels, amenities and hairdryer (if needed) as these are not provided by the accommodation provider.
Unfortunately there is no refund if any activity gets cancelled due to bad weather conditions. Please kindly refer to our Terms and Conditions. We will try our best effort to replace the cancelled activity with an Island scenic tour when unpredictable weather condition happens, however this is not guaranteed.
Yes, you can. However, we can only allow one-time change (subject to availability), and the change must be made and confirmed with our reservations staff at least 24 hours prior to your original departure date. After one change has been made, no more change is allowed and a 100% cancellation fee applies (that is, no refund will be given).
Yes. You will receive 10% off the tour ticket price when you call us directly to book a second tour or third tour with us.
Yes. There is AU$20 pp holiday surcharge for the Moreton Island 2-day tour during Christmas holiday period, New Year’s Day and Easter long weekend. There is no surcharge on other public holidays.