*Price includes Park and Ferry Fees
Moreton Island is a unique paradise of golden beaches, rolling surf and beautiful fresh water lakes.The Cape Moreton Scenic Day Tour is suited to adventurers of all ages who want to explore and discover the beauty of Moreton Island headlands, lakes and hidden beaches. Explore the rich history of the indigenous clans & first European settlers of the island, & enjoy the off road adventure in our 4WD buses on this island with untamed tracks & beaches.
Our award nominated Tour Guides are tour professionals, with an intimate knowledge of Moreton Island’s unique attractions. We have become famous in Queensland for our love for fun, and that’s why Sunset Safaris is the “People’s Choice” tour company. Our mission is to make your visit to Moreton Island more than just a beautiful place to go, but an “Experience to Remember.”
Scenic Island Tour
Enjoy a breathtaking SCENIC TOUR of Moreton Island in one of our comfortable 4WD coaches. This is a fully guided tour with an experienced tour guide, giving commentary of the beautiful surrounds and history of the Island.
- Pick-up and return service Gold Coast and Brisbane
- Enjoy a beautiful cruise across the magnificent Moreton Bay on the MiCat Ferry with comfortable cafe and bar facilities (BYO)
- Photograph the Tangalooma Shipwrecks and Western Beaches
- 4WD along the magnificent Eastern Surf Beach looking for Pipis*
- Soak in the naturally bubbling Champagne Pools *
- Stop and visit the beautifully romantic “Honeymoon Bay” and “North Point”
- Try some traditional bush tucker as eaten by the indigenous people found on the growing island (seasonal & only when available)
- 4WD in our awesome 4WD buses to the stunning “Cape Moreton” seeing -
- Cape Moreton Lighthouse- Queensland’s oldest lighthouse
- -Cape Moreton Museum- learn the history and make-up of the island and culture
- Learn about the indigenous “Island way of Life” of the Local Ngugi Clan
- Discover Turtles, Dolphins, Sharks, Manta Rays and Whales during Whale Season
- Photograph Spectacular views of Moreton Island and the Eastern Beach
- Swim in the breathtakingly beautiful “Blue Lagoon” fresh water lake (free tours *)
- Experience a 4WD adventure as we explore bushland and beaches in our comfortable air-conditioned 4WD coaches*
- Discover abandoned army bunkers and canon emplacements in the sand dunes, remnants of the defence of the Brisbane City against invading armies
- Enjoy picnic lunch on the beach and drinks on the beach (included)
- Suitable for all ages and people with low fitness levels and medium mobility.
- Some walking required but not compulsory
*Brisbane Departure Point will be changed to Parkland Cres, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia from 16th September 2019 . Please check Departure Map for new pick up point
Discount: Student /Backpacker Cards= $10 Off Adult
Pick-up also available at MiCat Ferry:14 Howard Smith Drive, Port of Brisbane (must book)
$20 surcharge applies to all tours operating during Christmas/New year & Easter Periods
A fuel levy may be applied if fuel rise above $1.80 per litre
AFTER TOUR TRANSFER: Pickup and Drop off in different regions attract addition fees (POA)
POB(Pay On Board)National Park & Ferry(POB) to be paid in cash to driver upon departure.
per Person: Adult=$50 Child 13 years & under=$35
- Cape Moreton Lighthouse and Museum
- Turtles, Dolphins, Sharks, Manta Rays and Whales during Whale Season
- Spectacular views of Moreton Island and the Eastern Beach
Enjoy the refreshing waters of Blue Lagoon freshwater lake, and enjoy the ever popular North Point & Champagne Pools. Experience the adventure of traversing rough 4WD terrain in our awesome 4WD buses in air-conditioned comfort.
Swimming and Beach Activities
Relax in the sun and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of Tangalooma Beach. Go for a swim in the crystal clear water, or enjoy a spot of beach volleyball. Kick back on a sun lounge with a drink in your hand and live the good life.
CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
All prices are subject to change without notice & at the discretion of Sunset Safaris. All information stated in this publication is true & correct at the time of publication. Due to traffic, & the extreme conditions experienced on Fraser Island to buses & the environment, Sunset Safaris reserves the right to alter or cancel any section of the itinerary which may result from road, traffic, weather, mechanical, or any other condition or failure or delay of an operational nature without penalty, & such conditions will be considered as a Force Majeure Event. Sunset Safaris will take all reasonable steps to rectify the situation during any such event, however no liability will be accepted by Sunset Safaris in circumstances outside of Sunset Safaris control. No responsibility or liability will be taken in the event of injury from pre-existing medical conditions (eg: bad back), accident, injury, loss or damage to persons or property due to persons own negligence.These booking conditions do not waive Sunset Safaris from any of its obligations according to law. Minimum booking numbers & cancellation fees apply.
All Minors (people under the age of 18) who book day tours without a parent or guardian attending the tour must call or email Sunset Safaris to disclose their age before booking the tour. A waiver form will be provided for parents or guardians to sign before tour departure. If a minor arrives on tour without parent or guardian permission and without a signed form, the minor will not be able to participate in activities of risk, and will not be eligible for a refund. For Multi-Day Tours, minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to be eligible to attend the tour.
Your Tour payment is broken up into 2 components, your Sunset Safaris ticket price component, and your Moreton Island - LOCAL Fees component ($50). The Moreton Island - LOCAL Fees component of $50 must be paid in CASH to driver upon departure, while the boarding pass can be purchased HERE on this web site
|Notice Provided||Cancellation Fee Incurred|
|Less than 24 hrs||Incurs 100% cancellation fee|
|25 hrs - 72 hrs||Incurs 50% cancellation fee|
|73hrs - 7 days||Incurs 25% cancellation fee|
|More than 7 days||Incurs 5% cancellation fee (administrative fee)|
The boat trip is approximately 75 minutes from the Port of Brisbane to Moreton Island.
The Local Fees/Pay On Board Fees include the return boat ticket and the national park fee. The national park fee allows you to access the National park/World Heritage Listed Area.
We offer a range of booking options. You can make secured online booking 24/7 via our website, call us on +61 7 3287 1644, or speak to us via LiveChat. Please read our Terms & Conditions before making any bookings.
Yes, you can. You can meet us on the island to join either a full day package tour (including day kayaking, snorkeling & sand boarding AND get one picnic lunch), or join any of the activity individually. Please give us a call on +61 7 3287 1644 to book in advance.
A towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, thongs, waterproof camera, money to buy drinks or snacks from the licenced bar on the boat.
Yes, and for free. We have a wide range of life jackets and body board for floatation.
No. Please bring your own towels.
Yes. There is a cold shower for you to freshen up after your swim.
Unfortunately WIFI service is not available on the Island.
Since you are not camping, linens are provided in the standard multi-share dorm room, private single or twin room, and in the Glamp tents.
Please bring your own towels, amenities and hairdryer (if needed) as these are not provided by the accommodation provider.
Yes, you can. However, we can only allow one-time change (subject to availability), and the change must be made and confirmed with our reservations staff at least 24 hours prior to your original departure date. After one change has been made, no more change is allowed and a 100% cancellation fee applies (that is, no refund will be given).
Yes. You will receive 10% off the tour ticket price when you call us directly to book a second tour or third tour with us.
Yes. There is AU$20 pp holiday surcharge for the Moreton Island 2-day tour during Christmas holiday period, New Year’s Day and Easter long weekend. There is no surcharge on other public holidays.